Terms & Conditions
getwokingham - The Wokingham Times is produced and published by S&B Media ("the publisher") of 8 Tessa Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 8NS.
When you completed the registration form, by entering your user name and password, you have accepted these terms and conditions.
You must notify us of any changes to your name, address or e-mail address by amending your details in your profile.
getwokingham - The Wokingham Times
You are registering as a personal user of getwokingham - The Wokingham Times. Access is via your user name and password. This agreement will come into effect when you register with the site.
You have access on the basis that:
(i) your user name and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else
(ii) you will not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any restricted parts of getwokingham - The Wokingham Times.
If, for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these requirements, we may, at our discretion, cancel your access to getwokingham - The Wokingham Times immediately and without giving you any advance notice.
2. Termination of registration
If we wish to bring the agreement to an end, we will do so by emailing you at the address you have registered. The agreement will terminate and your user name and password will become invalid immediately.
You can unsubscribe by contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org we will delete your details as soon after this as is reasonably practical. Again, the agreement will terminate and your user name and password will become invalid.
3. Use of material appearing on getwokingham - The Wokingham Times
For the purposes of this agreement, "material" means material including, without limitation, text, video, graphics and sound material, published on getwokingham - The Wokingham Times whether copyright Trinity Mirror or a third party.
You may download and print extracts from the material and make copies of these for your own personal use only. You are not allowed to download or print the material, or extracts from it, in a systematic or regular manner so as to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on getwokingham - The Wokingham Times.
You must not reproduce any part of getwokingham - The Wokingham Times or the material or transmit it to or store it in any other website or disseminate any part of the material in any other form.
We may be prepared to allow you to distribute or reproduce other parts of getwokingham - The Wokingham Times or the material, in certain other circumstances. Please email email@example.com if you wish to apply for permission to do so.
The above exclusions and limitations do not apply to the use of getwokingham - The Wokingham Times RSS feeds which may be freely incorporated into third party websites and other digital platforms as required.
4. Disclaimer of liability
We do not accept any responsibility for any statement in the material. You must not rely on any statement we have published on getwokingham - The Wokingham Times without first taking specialist professional advice. Nothing in the material is provided for any specific purpose or at the request of any particular person.
For the avoidance of confusion, we will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of viewing, reading or listening to the material or any part of it.
You can access other sites via links from getwokingham - The Wokingham Times. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents.
We give no warranties of any kind concerning getwokingham - The Wokingham Times or the material. In particular, we do not warrant that getwokingham - The Wokingham Times or any of its contents is virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
5. Third party material on getwokingham - The Wokingham Times
You will see advertising material submitted by third parties on getwokingham - The Wokingham Times. Individual advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising material which they submit to us, including ensuring that it complies with relevant legislation. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
If you want to advertise on getwokingham - The Wokingham Times, please check our advertising section or email our online sales team on firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Talk or discussion boards
Users of our site may submit material for publication. We accept no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by us and we are not responsible for its content and accuracy.
If you want to submit material to us for publication on the Talk boards, you may do so on the following terms and conditions:
(i) publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication
(ii) you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide licence to republish any material you submit to us in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format
(iii) you warrant to us that any material you submit to us is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights
(iv) you warrant that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal
(v) you acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full against any third party claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us.
7. Data protection
If you have indicated on the registration form that you wish to receive direct marketing material, your personal details will be included in a database compiled for direct marketing purposes. From time to time, you may receive direct marketing information from getwokingham - The Wokingham Times or from third parties.
If you have indicated that you wish to receive email upates only from getwokingham - The Wokingham Times, your personal details will be included on a database compiled for this specific purpose.
If you have indicated that you wish to receive direct marketing material or email updates from getwokingham - The Wokingham Times but subsequently change you mind, you should logon to the site and amend your details.
These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the site after it has been posted. Variations will be posted in section 10 below.
9. Force majeure
Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to getwokingham - The Wokingham Times, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
This agreement is governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.Conditions of acceptance
Orders for insertion of advertisements in getwokingham - The Wokingham Times are accepted subject to the following conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, in these terms the words "published" or "publication" shall mean published in any newspaper [and/or on any Website(s)] owned and produced by the publisher.
(1) The placing of an order constitutes a warranty from the advertiser and/or advertising agency to the publisher:
i) that the advertisement is legal, decent, honest and truthful, complying with the British Codes of Advertising and Sales Promotion, with any relevant codes of practice and with the requirements of current legislation; and
ii) that the advertisement is not defamatory and does not infringe the copyright moral rights or any other rights of any third party.
(2) Advertisements appearing on Bracknell Times Websites may contain only hyperlinks or metatags linking to the advertiser's own website.
No hyperlinks or metatags may be included in any advertisements save with the express prior permission of the publisher.
(3) The advertiser and/or advertising agency agrees to indemnify the publisher in respect of all costs, claims, damages, or other charges arising directly or indirectly as a result of the publication of the advertisement(s).
(4) While every endeavour will be made to meet the wishes of advertisers, the publisher does not guarantee the publication of any particular advertisement or its publication on any particular date.
(i) In the event of any error, misprint or omission in the publication of an advertisement or part of an advertisement (however caused) the publisher will either re-publish the advertisement or relevant part of the advertisement as the case may be or make a reasonable refund of or adjustment to the cost. No re-publication, refund or adjustment will be made where the error, misprint or omission does not materially detract from the advertisement.
(ii) In no circumstances shall the total liability of the publisher for any error, misprint or omission exceed (a) the amount of a full refund of any price paid to the publisher for the advertisement in connection with which liability arose or (b) the cost of a further or corrective advertisement of a type and standard reasonable comparable to that in connection with which liability arose.
(iii) It is the responsibility of the advertiser/advertising agency to check the first appearance of any series of advertisements and notify the publisher immediately of any errors. The publisher assumes no responsibility for the repetition of errors unless notified by the advertiser.
(iv) Save as set out above, the publisher accepts no liability in respect of any loss or damage occasioned directly or indirectly as a result of publication of any advertisement or any loss or damage occasioned directly or indirectly by any total or partial failure (however caused) of publication of any advertisement or of any title or Website in which any advertisement is scheduled to appear.
(6) Without prejudice to the foregoing, the publisher accepts no liability in respect of any loss or damage alleged to have arisen through delay in forwarding or omitting to forward replies to box numbers to the advertiser (however caused). The advertiser hereby authorises the publisher to return to its originator or destroy any communication which, in the reasonable opinion of the publisher, should not be delivered to the advertiser.
(7) The publisher reserves the right to:
(i) Refuse any advertisement or if already accepted to cancel the order at any time by giving reasonable notice before the next insertion, but in that event the advertiser/advertising agency shall not be liable for payment of the difference (if any) between the rates for the series specified in the order and the usual price for the series of insertions which has appeared when the order is stopped;
(ii) require any alteration it considers necessary or desirable in any advertisement.
(8) An advertising agency may cancel any unexpired part of an order without penalty in the event of the death or failure of its client.
(9) The copyright for all purposes in all artwork, copy and other material which the publisher or his employees have originated, contributed to or reworked shall vest in the publisher.
(10) The placing of an order by an advertiser, or an advertising agency on behalf of a client, constitutes an assurance that all necessary authority and consents have been secured in respect of the use in the advertisement(s) (a) of pictorial or other representations of (or purporting to be of) living persons, and of references to any words attributed to living persons and (b) any material the copyright in which vests in a third party.
(11) Any material submitted by the advertiser is held by the publisher at the advertiser's risk and should be insured by the advertiser against loss or damage from whatever cause. The publisher reserves the right to destroy without notice all such property after the date of its last appearance in an advertisement unless the advertiser has given instructions to the contrary.
(12) Orders cannot be cancelled once the publisher has commenced to carry out the order in accordance with the first publication date requested by the advertiser. In other cases the publisher will require 9 clear working days' notice of cancellation of any order or unexpired part of an order, or in the case of an advertisement which by reason of its position is chargeable at a premium rate, not less than 28 clear working days' notice. All cancellations must be notified in writing. Email notification of cancellation must be confirmed in writing within 24 hours.
(13) The rate payable for transmission of any advertisement shall be in accordance with the Publisher's current rates from time to time [as set out below: click to view] save as otherwise agreed with the Publisher. All gross advertising rates (except classified lineage and semi-display) are subject to a 0.1% Advertising Standards Board of Finance (ASBOF) levy, payable by advertisers to help finance the self-regulatory system administered by the Advertising Standards Authority.
(14) Unless credit terms have been agreed, payment must be received in full no later than 4 days prior to publication. Payment may be made by [cheque] [Barclaycard, VISA, Switch, Mastercard].
When credit is allowed, payment terms are subject to the cash flow rules currently in force and as agreed between the Newspaper Society, the Newspaper Publishers Association Ltd, the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising and the Incorporated Society of British Advertisers:
(i) The due date for payment is the last day of the month after the month in which the advertisement appeared provided that, invoices and, in the case of print advertisements, vouchers or other proof of insertion have, if required, been dispatched not later than the 10th of the month following the month of insertion.
(ii) When the sum owing has not been dispatched to the publisher by the last day of the month following insertion, a surcharge of 3% will be applied on the gross rate.
(iii) When the sum owing has not been dispatched by one further month after (ii) Above, a further surcharge of 2% will be added, making the rate of surcharge 5%.
(iv) The existence of a query on any individual item in an account shall not affect the due date of payment of the balance of the account.
(15) (i) The publisher reserves the right to disclose the name and address of advertisers and/or agencies to the police, trading standards officials, or any other relevant authority and, where the publisher in its sole discretion deems it reasonable, to other third parties.
(16) Advertising orders are issued by an advertising agency as a principal and must be on the agency's official form. When copy instructions not constituting an official order are issues, they shall be clearly marked "Copy instruction - not an order".
(17) The terms of the terms of the Recognition agreement between the Newspaper Society, or between the Newspaper Society and the Newspaper Proprietors Association and recognised advertising agencies are deemed to be incorporated in these conditions of acceptance of advertisement orders for the publication and transmission of all advertisements accepted from the recognition advertising agency.
Without prejudice to the generality of these terms, these conditions of acceptance specifically extend to any personal guarantee given by the Directors or any other person on behalf of a recognised agency at the time of recognition in respect of any unsatisfied liabilities of the agency in the event of the agency's liquidation or insolvency. Such guarantee is part of these conditions of acceptance.
(18) The placing of an order for the insertion of an advertisement shall amount to an acceptance of the above conditions and any conditions stipulated on an agency's or advertiser's order form or elsewhere by an agency or an advertiser shall be void insofar as they are in conflict with them.
(19) These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- Most read