Cats killed by anti-freeze
February 02, 2009
Pet owners are being warned to be vigilant after two cats died from eating anti-freeze in Calcot last week.
The cats, both from Garston Crescent, had to be put down after being poisoned by the substance. The animals are attracted to it because of its sweet taste.
Reading & District Cats Protection League has now warned cat owners to be on the lookout for tell-tale symptoms of anti-freeze poisoning in their pets including vomiting and shaking.
Cats showing the symptoms should be taken to the vet immediately as quick treatment can give them a better chance of survival.