Smoke detector alerts man to kitchen fire in Lower Earley
February 25, 2013
The quick actions of a Lower Earley man prevented a kitchen fire from getting out of control.
Emergency services were called after a tumble dryer caught alight in a Tinwell Close property at around 8.15pm yesterday evening.
A smoke detector alerted the family and a fire crew from Wokingham Road attended the scene.
When they arrived the fire was under control and the appliance had been moved out of the home.
Watch Manager Roy Buckland said: "The man was quickly alerted to the fire by a smoke detector, because of his actions no one was hurt and there was no damage to the house."