Man causes gas leak by moving fridgeBy Jennie Slevin
January 06, 2013
A man moving a refrigerator from his home sparked concern with neighbours by causing a gas leak.
Fire crews were called out to a house in Pattern Ash Drive, Wokingham when the man realised the appliance was leaking gas.
A team from Wokingham attended the incident at 11.15am on Saturday, January 5, where they used a large fan to extract the fumes.
Firefighter Dave Harris said: "The gas is an irritant and very dangerous.
"We committed one firefighter in full breathing apparatus to clear it."
Crews remained on the scene for around 45 minutes and advised neighbours to keep their windows closed.