Smoking oven triggers fire crew callBy Jon Nurse
September 10, 2012
A firefighter has warned people to never leave their ovens unattended after his crew was sent to a smoking oven this afternoon.
A crew from Wokingham fire station responded to an automatic alarm at Stevens Court in Reading Road, Winnersh, at 2.30pm and arrived to find a man had moved to another floor with his oven still on.
Watch manager Tim Weekes said: "The rooms were smoke logged so we vented them for him.
"We have quite a few incidents like this with the older generation. People should be mindful not to leave cooking unattended.
"There are often problems when people leave hobs and the water boils away which causes a lot of smoke and can flare up and cause fires."