Crowthorne green fingers rewarded
July 21, 2010
Trophies were handed out to green-fingered villagers and crafty sorts at a horticultural society’s summer show.
Crowthorne Horticultural Society’s summer show was held on Saturday at Our Lady’s Prep School in The Avenue.
Society secretary Gerald Cooper said: “It was a good show, everything went well. The numbers were a little bit down because of the weather and the Crowthorne Carnival Flower Show at the church but it was still very good.
“And although the actual number of exhibits was down we still had the same number of exhibitors and the quality was very good.”
Cups were handed out in a number of categories:
- Elaine Edgedale Memorial Cup for the best vase of flowers – Carole Killick
- Furze Cup for the most points in the rose class – Betty Wilson
- Sweet Pea Cup for the most points in the sweet pea class – Margaret Finch
- Handicraft Cup for the most points in the handicraft class in the spring and summer shows – Susan-Mary Spiller
Certificates of merit were also given to:
- Best dish of vegetables – Colin Killick
- Best vase of flowers – Carole Killick
- Best exhibit of floral art – Susan-Mary Spiller
- Best exhibit in pot plant class – Tony Woodham
- Best dish of fruit – Mike Platt
- Best exhibit in domestic class – Susan-Mary Spiller
- Best exhibit in handicraft class – Susan-Mary Spiller
- Diploma for the best individual photograph – Tony Woodham.